“Blessing of the Backpacks”
SUNDAY, AUGUST 26, 2018,
11 a.m. in the Chapel
14th Sunday after Pentecost
To see the Revised Common Lectionary readings for
the 14th Sunday after Pentecost, Cycle B, click here.
- Pastor Timothy’s sermon is based on the Epistle text: Ephesians 6:10-20: “Cane Fu Defense”
- Mary Nurre at the organ; Steve Nurre with a vocal selection
- Judy Kim, Liturgist
- “Blessing of the Backpacks” ceremony with children. Adults can bring their backpacks, too!
- Child care is provided for preschool aged children during worship.
- Coffee and Fellowship Hour immediately following worship
- Car parking may be available on the street outside of the church. Bikes and scooters may be parked inside the church
We meet Sundays at 11:00 am in the chapel of Hong En church at Mingyue and Hongfeng, in Jinqiao. In accordance with PRC law only foreign passport holders are allowed to attend our services.
Reach us at email@example.com or contact Pastor Timothy at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are in the same neighborhood as Dulwich College, Concordia, and the Jin Qiao Carrefour on Biyun Lu. The address is: 455 Hong Feng Lu, which is at the corner of Ming Yue Lu. Make sure your taxi takes you to Ming Yue Lu.
Car parking is available in a nearby parking garage (enter from Hong Feng Rd, between Blue Marlin restaurant and Big Bamboo restaurant, look for the “P” sign for parking). Bikes and scooters may be parked inside the church gate. For more information, see http://agifshanghai.com/